UPDATE Palm Testnet transition to Polygon CDK (proof of stake network using Edge) took place on October 2nd, 2023 at block 14223600
UPDATE Palm Mainnet transition took place on October 30th, 2023 at block 14286240
See the runbook for details
The Palm Foundation recently set out its vision for Palm network, setting it on a multi-step journey to becoming a zkEVM L2 blockchain using Polygon technology. For most network users, the transitions outlined below will be seamless, however developers need to be aware that a few changes to how the network operates and the node software may require their code to be tested & updated to ensure continued error-free operation.
- Step 1 - transition the network from Proof of Authority consensus (using Hyperledger Besu as the node software) to Proof of Stake using Polygon Edge
- Step 2 - Palm Network transitions to becoming a Polygon Zero Prover zkEVM network
Information for developers, validators and node operators is outlined in more detail here:
- Transition runbook - what's happening & when
- Testing - what you need to do to ensure your application carries on working
- JSON-RPC API changes - find out what API methods are changing
- Validators - get started as a validator on the Proof of Stake network
- Self-hosted nodes - changes required for those self-hosting RPC API nodes
- Developer updates - changes required & testing requirements
- FAQs - any questions?
- Support - where to go for more help
Full details for developers and node operators for this part of the roadmap will be released in 2024