Please note that information in this section is continuously being updated during the network transition.
The Palm Foundation recently set out its vision for Palm network, setting it on a multi-step journey to becoming a zkEVM L2 blockchain using Polygon technology. For most network users, the transitions outlined below will be seamless, however developers need to be aware that a few changes to how the network operates and the node software may require their code to be tested & updated to ensure continued error-free operation.
- Step 1 - transition the network from Proof of Authority consensus (using Hyperledger Besu as the node software) to Proof of Stake using Polygon Edge
- Step 2 - Palm Network transitions to becoming a Polygon Zero Prover zkEVM network
Information for developers, validators and node operators is outlined in more detail here:
- Transition runbook - what's happening & when
- Testing - what you need to do to ensure your application carries on working
- JSON-RPC API changes - find out what API methods are changing
- Validators - get started as a validator on the Proof of Stake network
- Self-hosted nodes - changes required for those self-hosting RPC API nodes
- Developer updates - changes required & testing requirements
- FAQs - any questions?
- Support - where to go for more help
Full details for developers and node operators for this part of the roadmap will be released later in 2023