Palm Rinkeby Testnet Bridge
Following the Ethereum merge event, the Ethereum Rinkeby test network has been deprecated, and support for the network by major RPC API providers has ended since 5th October 2022, ahead of the official Q3 2023 deprecation date. The Ethereum Foundation recommends use of Goerli as the replacement test network.
Taking the deprecation into consideration, the Palm-Rinkeby testnet bridge has been replaced by a new bridge which links Goerli and Palm testnet's. A new Palm-Goerli bridge has been set up, and since October 5th, it replaces the old Palm-Rinkeby bridge.
The Palm-Rinkeby testnet bridge was fully deprecated on October 5th 2022.
If you are a developer with NFT contracts supported by the previous Palm Testnet bridge, this section outlines what steps you would need to take in order to continue testing Palm Bridge transfer functionality.
You will need to:
- Deploy replacement synthetic NFT token contracts on Goerli
- On the new synthetic NFT contract, grant the bridge token handler contract (ERC-721 handler or ERC-1155 handler) "minter" role so that the bridge can mint & burn tokens on Goerli
- Get in touch (see below) so we can register your deployed contract with the new testnet bridge
After the Palm-Rinkeby bridge is switched off, those tokens remain on Rinkeby and you will no longer be able to transfer them back to Palm testnet. The bridged tokens will remain permanently locked in the bridge contract on Palm Testnet.
For Palm DAI or Palm Wrapped Ether an equivalent supply to that already minted bridged to Palm has been minted and locked into the Goerli bridge contract. Existing testnet Palm DAI or Wrapped Ether can be bridged back to Goerli.
If you are a developer with ERC-20 contracts supported by the previous Palm Testnet bridge, this section outlines what steps you would need to take in order to continue testing Palm Bridge transfer functionality.
- Deploy a new ERC-20 contract to Goerli
- Establish the amount of ERC-20 already deposited into the Palm-Rinkeby bridge by checking the token balance of the bridge ERC-20 token handler
- If required, mint an equivalent amount on Goerli
- On Goerli, transfer that amount of tokens to the bridge ERC-20 token handler
- Contact us to re-register the token with the Palm-Goerli bridge